Armageddon 2012

20121021-204858.jpg

20121021-204524.jpg
No idea what this was……

20121021-204533.jpg
The mast brilliant costumes were these three darlecks. They had people in them and were very interactive.

20121021-204547.jpg
Ghost busters!!!!!

20121021-204556.jpg

20121021-204608.jpg
Star Wars

20121021-204621.jpg
Alien monsters and the only other stargate fan I found, unfortunate she melted in to the crowed and I couldn’t find her agin :(

20121021-204634.jpg
More starwars

20121021-204644.jpg

20121021-204704.jpg
Robots from Dr Who

20121021-204725.jpg
Two doctors at once!!!

20121021-204740.jpg
Mr Jayne Cobb

20121021-204750.jpg
He’ll Boy

20121021-204815.jpg
And myself with storm troopers

20121021-204858.jpg
And the only half decent picture I got of my costume :( all that work and I didn’t even get a full body shot.

Hands of blue and green

20120728-223330.jpg

Wraith have these strange sort of Iratis bug like growths on their hands.
The fingers look almost like they have individual pieces of armor attached.
My queen, ( as far as I can tell) only has these on one hand. that’s good news for me! It was difficult to get a decent screen shot of the had with the armor, so I made my own version.

I used sculpty to create the armor, they are quite strong but I little heavy. I have not worked out how I will attach them to my fingers, some sort of glue perhaps? But what will be strong enough but week enough so they are not per minty attached there after?

20121004-100304.jpg

I plan to paint my hands green to add to the effect. Some wraith are very green resembling slimy limes while others have parlor more human skin tones, I’ll be going with a very pale green/ white tone. I have been looking at body paints Jane have decided to go instead with every day makeup.
I’m using a very pale foundation and green makeup concealer. This way I can apply the cover myself and not have to enlist a friend to get up very early on a Saturday morning with me and paint me green.

The light at the send of the tunnel

Progress on the costume had been continuing at a slow rate, but once I sourced some decently priced material a lot of work has been done.
The fabric I ended up getting was from England, even with the added costs of postage per Meter it ended up about $8, rather then the $25 per m my local shop was charging. Thank goodness for the Internet!

I was expecting the material would be a pain to sew,but I found it was actually quite workable.
The dress/ coat is not an exact replica. Some of the detailing I would have liked to have done was just far too time consuming. I am happy with the result, and that’s she main thing for me.

20121004-094157.jpg
The large overlapping collar has been giving me some grief, it just won’t stay up! It’s so heavy that it just continues to fall down. ( pinned it up on the mannequin) dam gravity is getting in the way!
I don’t know if the original has some structure that you can’t see or the is some boning holding it all in place. Mine however will just have to be a bit droopy. I have a fairly long wig so I hope that will cover up the majority of the problem.

20121004-094009.jpg