The light at the send of the tunnel

Progress on the costume had been continuing at a slow rate, but once I sourced some decently priced material a lot of work has been done.
The fabric I ended up getting was from England, even with the added costs of postage per Meter it ended up about $8, rather then the $25 per m my local shop was charging. Thank goodness for the Internet!

I was expecting the material would be a pain to sew,but I found it was actually quite workable.
The dress/ coat is not an exact replica. Some of the detailing I would have liked to have done was just far too time consuming. I am happy with the result, and that’s she main thing for me.

20121004-094157.jpg
The large overlapping collar has been giving me some grief, it just won’t stay up! It’s so heavy that it just continues to fall down. ( pinned it up on the mannequin) dam gravity is getting in the way!
I don’t know if the original has some structure that you can’t see or the is some boning holding it all in place. Mine however will just have to be a bit droopy. I have a fairly long wig so I hope that will cover up the majority of the problem.

20121004-094009.jpg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *